Payplus is focused on providing top quality payroll services to small and medium-sized businesses and organisations, including the education sector. This allows employers to free themselves from the burden of their payroll obligations, enabling them to get on with more profit-orientated tasks.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Payroll professional to manage one of our Client Payroll teams. This position is important as you'll be responsible for leading and developing a team of Payroll Executives to ensure the accurate delivery of a 1st class payroll service by ensuring clients’ payrolls are run in an accurate, efficient, and effective way.
What will you be doing?
As a Client Payroll Team Lead, your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Managing, supporting and mentoring a team of Payroll Executives to include regular 1-2-1s, ‘Year In Reviews’ and carrying out regular team meetings
- Authorising holiday requests to ensure there is adequate cover within the team
- Logging and managing team sickness
- Providing support to the payroll team using your knowledge on various specialist areas, e.g. workplace pensions, manual payroll calculations, importing payroll data and client accounts
- Working with Team Leads to ensure the payroll allocations are up-to-date and to include the allocation of new clients within the team
- Leading projects identified by Regional Operations Manager
- Keeping up-to-date with new payroll legislations and compliance and ensure the changes are communicated within the team
- Identifying areas where improvements can be made and put forward suitable recommendations for changing the payroll process
- Ensuring the daily BACS is submitted for IRIS Payroll Professional and Paycircle
- Keeping up-to-date with upgrades and developments within payroll software updates
- Monitoring KPIs and risk register
- Attending client meetings when required.
- Acting as a point of contact for any escalations
- Managing a small portfolio of clients
- Deputising for the Regional Operations Manager when required
- Any other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
What are we looking for?
We're looking for someone with the following skills, competencies and experience:
- Significant payroll processing experience
- Experience leading/managing Payroll teams within an education environment
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel & Outlook
- Experience of payroll software, e.g. Payrite, IRIS Earnie, IRIS Payroll Professional/Star Payroll.
- Experience working in a payroll bureau/outsourcing service (desirable)
- CIPP Diploma or equivalent (desirable)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Flexible and ‘can do’ attitude to work.
We occasionally close vacancies early in the event that we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
Salary: Competitive plus bonus
Location: UK Remote