Are you looking for a new challenge?
We are looking for a flexible and outstanding teacher to join our team who is able to deliver Science at Key stages 2 3 and 4
Cambian Red Rose School is an independent co-educational day school for students aged 7-19 with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. The school delivers full time education and covers both academic and vocational subjects in line with national benchmarks. We deliver differentiated teaching and learning activities within small groups in a purpose built environment. As a school, we work collaboratively with residential and therapeutic practitioners with a focus on encouraging resilience and supporting holistic growth to promote pupils’ well-being.
The school aims to provide meaningful, positive personalised educational opportunities for dis-engaged pupils who are being prepared to be re-integrated back into mainstream setting. Within this setting education, residential and therapeutic practitioners work together collaboratively with a focus on promoting students’ well-being encouraging resilience and supporting their holistic growth.
The school delivers full time education and covers both academic and vocational subjects in line with national benchmarks. We deliver differentiated teaching and learning activities within small groups in a purpose-built environment.
The successful candidate will need to be motivated and enthusiastic with strong pedagogical skills. You will be joining a committed and dedicated team that have high expectations for students and work hard to improve their life chances. We offer comprehensive training and support and a range of benefits for staff. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates from mainstream, specialist education or community provision who are looking to make a difference. NQTs are welcomed to apply.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold UK QTS and a degree
- Have good interpersonal skills and will be able interact with and communicate confidently with staff and students and other stakeholders
- Understanding of mental health diagnosis and be able to use empathetic approach to engage learners.
- Knowledge of the curriculum and able to deliver in more than one curriculum area
- Have high expectations for all students and is able to raise attainment level and keep standard high.
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Have a positive, can do, attitude.
- Ability to manage your time and workload effectively.
- Sound understanding of Safeguarding practice and procedures.
We pride ourselves on being an Equal Opportunities Employer. And we are committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Preston, Lanacashire Class Teacher [SYS-2886]