Salary: £14.1 per hour
We’re currently recruiting a passionate Chef/Cook to bring the flavour to Defence on a permanent casual basis, contracted to 0 hours per week.
As a Chef/Cook, you will support our talented culinary teams in preparing and serving the delicious food we’re known for! You’ll help to keep our clients and customers smiling with dining experiences that align with popular tastes and dietary requirements, and in return, you’ll have the opportunity to progress your culinary career in a market-leading food service company.
Could you be our next Chef/Cook? If you tick every box, we’ve got all the ingredients to help you cook up a brilliant career.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing high-quality food that brightens our customers day
- Working in a team to prepare and serve delicious meals
- Seeking opportunities to improve our menus and food services
- Maintaining a positive brand image through exemplary customer service
- Recording and reducing food waste levels
- Supporting with all kitchen organisation, stocking, and cleaning responsibilities
- Complying with Food Handling & Hygiene standards
- Complying with Health & Safety regulations.
Our ideal Chef/Cook will:
- Be passionate about world-class food and customer service
- Have experience in a similar role
- Be a strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Have a good understanding of Food Handling & Hygiene standards
- Have a flexible approach to working
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- To help with the cost of living crisis throughout this winter, Compass will be providing a free meal or equivalent Subsidy while working
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
Part of Compass Group UK&I, ESS is the Defence, Government, and Energy services sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. We support 250+ UK military establishments, high profile police, secure environments and government sites, along with a range of onshore and offshore facilities including platforms, drilling rigs, floatels and offices for the energy sector. We know that a friendly face makes all the difference, so we look for people who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service, at all levels, to join our teams.
Job Reference: com/0601/86995001/52537893/BU
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.