Hours: 35 hours on a 5 day rota (52 week or Term Time only option).
– Competency Frameworks and Pay Scales
– Wagestream – where any day can be a payday
– Refer-a-Friend Scheme – Instantly earn points and cash rewards
– Sovereign Health Care Plan
– Canada Life, Group Life Assurance
– Blue Light Card
– Blink, our internal communications app
– Pension scheme
Beaumont College is a very special place. We provide highly personalised pathways for special school leavers, and we support them in the journey to become adults, and to live independent and fulfilling lives as far as possible.
The main site is located in Lancaster and offers students opportunities to attend as Day Students or as Residential Students. Residents can be 52 weeks (full year), or term time only, and residential options include 4 nights, 5 nights or 7 nights.
The post-holder will manage a team who work over weekends to support 7 day residents. Some of those residents are tern-time only, others are with us 52 weeks of the year. Students at the college are always supported by Student Support Workers SSW’s.
As part of the evolution of the college offer, the post holder will work with the Business Manager, Leadership Team, students and SSW’s to provide a palatable and enjoyable menu.
Alongside this there will be a need to manage the hygienic, efficient standard of cleanliness in the kitchen or restaurant areas of college.
- Manage a team of catering professionals to prepare meal options, planning menus to meet the needs and specialist requirements of students with special educational needs and disabilities
- Work closely with health and care professionals to plan for and meet the needs of site users in an efficient, safe and cost effective way.
- Ensure compliance with Safer Food, Better Business guidelines
- Ensure excellence in Food Hygiene Standards, including staff induction and food hygiene training.
- To plan menus relating to covers per meal to inform efficient food cost management, and waste reduction working with the College Business Manager to ensure expenditure meets budget.
- Allocate duties and responsibilities to kitchen staff, and produce fair and transparent working rota’s to ensure best practice for the business needs.
- Establish well-planned store cupboard, catering equipment, catering resources and order fresh food and operate effective stock/stock control, maintaining the necessary records, stock taking and budget spends.
- To support, manage and operate the college cashless system and Free School Meals.
- To create menus to suit student needs, staff training days and external customers.
- Implement the college catering vision to maximize sales and add value for money on the customers plate to meet the changing needs of the college.
Comply with Keeping Children Safe in Education Guidelines