Salary: £30000 – £30000
Shift hours: Permanent
The EICC is situated at the heart of Scotland’s beautiful capital city. The EICC is one of the worlds outstanding venues for conferences and events.
The successful operation of the EICC can be attributed to the excellent teamwork throughout the organisation. This is particularly visible in the strong ties between the EICC team and our in-house business partner Leith’s forming the ‘One EICC Team’.
This partnership is based on shared values of customer focus and a genuine commitment to delivering outstanding quality standards. Both teams work as one towards the unanimous objective of client delight – a philosophy that has helped EICC sustain such a high level of repeat business over many years.
As our Catering and Events Manager, you will support the Operations Manager in delivering and managing the service delivery of food and beverage to events at the EICC.
- Manage the operational personnel function ensuring that a consistent resource of trained individuals is available and employed to meet event requirements, offering customer service to the agreed standard and within the financial targets
- Manage the Leith’s inventory of crockery, cutlery, glassware and ancillary items that are both owned and hired, ensuring that service standards can always be met whilst operating costs are adhered to in line with laid down targets
- Establish a committed, motivated team focusing on delivering the objectives as agreed with the General Manager and the EICC. Ensure performance management, training, development and discipline within your team are carried out in accordance with company policy in order to achieve optimum performance from your people
- Manage the catering facilities and catering offers within the EICC booking process, ensuring the optimum use of catering facilities and the maximisation of catering revenue from incoming events
- Strive for Leith’s at the EICC to consistently exceed customer expectations and provide excellent customer care in all operational areas
- Manage events, liaising with the clients organising team from arrival to their departure from the EICC premises
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of food and beverage operations with an especial focus on continuous improvement and development, innovation, standards and market awareness
- Ensure manpower planning and rostering within your operation maximising sales opportunities whilst controlling wage costs, adhering to the targets as laid down
- Manage the receiving, storage and issue of all items of service, linen and uniforms, ensuring that sufficient are available and in appropriate condition to meet the forthcoming service requirements. Furthermore, to ensure that through weekly and monthly stocktaking and record keeping that effective and accurate control of resources is monitored
- Experience in a similar Senior Operational Management role
- Good people skills, leadership and organisational skills
- Passion for excellent customer service
- Experience in a similar five-star conference and events venue
- Driven by innovation, excellent standards
- A ‘can do’ attitude