Are you a knowledgeable Building Surveyor looking to work for a growing, multi-disciplinary, national consultancy?
Do you want to work alongside a dynamic, collaborative team on a diverse range of projects?
Do you want to work for a business that prioritises and champions the work of excellent individuals?
At Pick Everard, we are committed to ensuring our employees feel valued and supported.
As part of our Plan 25 Business Plan, we are looking to appoint a forward-thinking and driven Building Surveyor at our thriving London office.
We are looking for exceptional and talented people, so if you are looking to make your mark and build upon your own experience with a national consultancy who can fast-track your career development, then we want to hear from you.
You can expect to work on a range of schemes for an ever-growing client mix in both the private and public sectors (including schools, hospitals, residential development, local authorities retail and commercial), with your key duties including contract administration, project management, undertaking surveys, inspections, specification writing, schedules etc.
Pick Everard are an established consultancy, with an excellent reputation. We work on a range of notable schemes that will allow you to expand your expertise within the industry.
This role provides a challenging and exciting opportunity to develop within growing dynamic team, supported by expertise across our multi-disciplinary consultancy.
At Pick Everard, we are proud to be able to offer the successful candidate support, training and career development opportunities, whatever your aspirations may be. We are also able to offer a diverse range of benefits and flexibility for agile working.
As a Building Surveyor, you will be supported by a collaborative team of like – minded individuals, and have a clear route for progression within the business.
- Support and deliver on projects, monitoring progress and expenditure
- Use commercial awareness to assist in project resourcing
- Provide technical support in bid preparation and general business development activities
- Support and undertake surveys in accordance with firm’s procedures
- Attend client meetings, presentations etc
- Monitor day to day programming, planning, internal costs, prepares and issues fee invoices
- Liaise directly with clients and other stakeholders as appropriate
- Develop and sustain client relationships, being responsible for checking of documents, reports etc. as appropriate
Want to be a part of our journey? Apply today!
This role will suit an experienced Building Surveyor who has a strong background working on a variety of projects within the built environment, including professional services and project management work.
You will be able to work alongside a supportive, dynamic and collaborative team in our London office. You must be able to work as part of a team, as well as using your initiative where required. You will have an excellent eye for detail and a passion for Building Surveying.
With Pick Everard, you will be looking to grow and progress within the business.
- Experience working on relevant projects, ideally in the public and private sectors
- Contract administration knowledge (JCT / NEC3)
- Working towards gaining chartership
- Knowledge of building principles, preparing plans and specifications
- Ability to monitor and report on progress and expenditure of projects
- Excellent communication, team working and client facing skills
- Full UK driving licence
- A professional and compassionate attitude
- A commitment to delivering a high-quality client experience
- Teamworking skills
- An inquisitive nature
At Pick Everard, we work together to make the extraordinary a reality. We are looking for exceptional new talent to be a part of our journey as we move forward through our ambitious five-year Business Plan.
We are an independent award-winning property and construction consultancy firm, operating within the industry, providing complete integrated service delivery to help our clients deliver better solutions across real estate, infrastructure and the natural environment.
We are at the forefront of the industry and enjoy a culture that is centered around being creative, professional, compassionate, client-oriented and fun.
Our recent successes include:
- Listed as an NCE100 Consultancy and AJ100 Practice
- Named a Top 150 Consultancy by Building Magazine
- Recognised as a leading Financial Times Consultancy
- Winners of the Association of Consulting Engineers (ACE) Awards, Best Business Performance of the Year – Large Consultancy
- Winners at the RICS Awards – Infrastructure category
- An Investors in People and Investors in Excellence accredited business
- Winners at the Enterprising Women Awards
Through our remarkable history we have already established the sound principles of success and we have the vision and ambition to be even better, as we move forward into a very bright future. We’re growing and we need more experts onboard. Join us and we will provide you with an inspiring environment in which you’ll be able to drive real progress and impact in your career.
To learn more about why it is good to work here please visit our website and follow us on social media. Be part of it.
Remuneration and Benefits
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community, and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation. We are also a responsible employer and Investors in People accredited business.
You will receive an attractive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Hybrid working
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
- 26 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays + option to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave
- Healthcare cashplan
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Childcare benefits
- Enhanced Adoption & Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Long service awards – including enhanced annual leave and vouchers
- Annual Being PickEverard awards
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Spot Rewards
- Professional subscriptions
- Season ticket loan or car loan at senior level
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing support and Employee Assistance Programme
Please note we do not accept speculative CVs or approaches from recruitment agencies.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, Pick Everard is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us on our journey. #LI-BS1, #LI-Hybrid