At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an Asphalt Plant Manager to join our team based at Tarmac Coxhoe Asphalt Plant, Durham. This site is easily accessible from Sunderland, Bishop Auckland, Middlesbrough, Newton Aycliffe, Newcastle upon Tyne, Stockton-on-Tees, Darlington, Hartlepool, Peterlee and surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The role of Asphalt Plant Manager is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires an experienced Aggregates Asphalt Plant Manager. Reporting to the Area Operations Manager you will have full responsibility covering all site operations. Although the site is an Asphalt Plant it is located within a quarry so we are required to work to the quarry regulations
- Responsible for all Operations on site
- To lead and manage all Tarmac UK and contractor personnel working on site, with safety as the key priority
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HSE legislation, in particular the Quarries Regulations 1999
- Maintain the site’s’ health and safety documents ensuring that all inspections/calibrations/Audits are kept up to date and actioned
- Implement and ensure compliance with Tarmac health and safety systems / standards and best practices
- Ensure that all work undertaken on site is risk assessed and safe-working procedures put in place
- Ensure that all accidents and incidents are reported and fully investigated and corrective action taken as necessary
- Develop training plans for all site employees
- Maintain site Maintenance systems to ensure maximum productivity and reduce time
- Maintain stocks and stock yard to a high level,
- Develop plans to reduce waste and increase RAP addition
- Maintain site P&L within budget and forecast monthly spend
- Project management of projects within the quarry within agreed timescales and budget.
- Apply all relevant Environmental legislation – EMS, EMAS and any additional requirements under PPC
- Ensure the quarry is operated within the scope of all leases, planning consents and conditions
- Ensure good public relations are developed and maintained and all complaints fully investigated through open communication with all stakeholders and the local community
The ideal candidate for the role of Asphalt Plant Manager will be able to demonstrate proven experience of working within a similar working environment. As Asphalt Plant Manager you will have:
- Experience working in a quarry or Asphalt Plant at supervisor or above level
- Experience of undertaking risk assessments and developing safe working procedures
- Experience of managing teams, staff development and managing projects
- Effective budgeting and cost control skills
- Experience of building successful relationships with internal / external stakeholders, particularly with regard to PR and the local community
- Flexibility for participation in “on call” rota with the Production Team
- SHE NVQ level 3 in Health Safety
- Registered and maintaining IoQ (Institute of Quarrying or other professional body) CPD
- Level 3 Geotechnical
Salary: Excellent Salary + Benefits + Bonus
Location: Durham, County Durham, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/112/2911