We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme
- Payment of professional subscription / membership – If your job description requires that you are registered with or are a member of a professional body, WNC will pay for your professional subscription or membership fees.
- Employee Assistance Programme – We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including full or part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference – If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people’s lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join our training team as an Adult Social Care Trainer Advisor. Empowering, educating and supporting our adult social care providers, equipping them with the knowledge and skills needed to fulfil their roles to the highest standards.
What will you be doing?
You will be working directly with adult social care provider teams to identify, develop and deliver learning and development opportunities that meet both the needs of the services and individual team members, as well as legislative, regulatory and current best practice guidance.
Creating a learning environment that supports engagement leading to successful learning outcomes for individuals and teams.
Offering advice and guidance to support service delivery and policy development in a number of subject areas including safeguarding, person centred working and moving and handling.
Applicants will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills, with the ability to connect and engage with a diverse audience. As well as being able to assess, understand and respond to learning needs of groups being taught.
You will have experience delivering training and working in adult social care environments. You will need to be able to translate your knowledge, currently legislative and policy guidance into engaging, interactive training sessions for workers in adult social care teams.
We are looking for an individual who is suitably experienced and qualified to develop and deliver training in subjects such as:
- Person Centred Working
- Safer people handling
- Infection control.
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government
reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey
to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great
place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to
make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance,
Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with
ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail,
and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A
place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and
challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.